#20 KAM snaps are our most popular size and can be used for most general projects like clothing and household applications. The snaps on most cloth baby diapers are #20. #20 snaps have the largest color variety, have a nice strong hold, and are a good size for most projects.
• Cap diameter is 1/2" or 12.4mm.
• Available in 3 cap lengths:
• Standard prong (5.6mm) snaps are a good starting point if you're not sure what you need.
• Short prong (4.6mm) snaps work great for thinner fabric combinations, such as 2-3 layers of a thin fabric like PUL or cotton.
• Long prong (6.2mm) snaps should only be used for very thick material, such as prefold diapers.
• The same sockets and studs are used regardless of the cap length.
To install these snaps, you'll need either a table-top KAM snap press with a 3-piece set of corresponding #20 dies, or hand-held KAM snap pliers. Read more.