NOT compatible with KX6 multi-functional pliers. This simple base stand allows you to use less hand/grip strength and to rely more on leveraging and arm strength to press down on the installation pliers. This can be especially useful to those who suffer from hand pain or those who install a large number of snaps in one sitting, when your hand might get tired.
Disclaimer: Additional equipment required. If you're willing to spend the extra money, there are wonderfully made, sturdier bases out there in Google land in the $20-$30 range. Our bases are a low-cost alternative, which is reflected in the quality. These were made in the simplest manner possible with minimal material and labor to keep the price low, so expect them to be somewhat wonky. You can easily modify them with leftover material you may already have to better fit your needs if desired or make your own version.
A block of wood (or something similarly solid) should be placed under the handle to provide additional support (see video below). These are standard sized wood pieces that most people have extra of lying around in their garage or can be purchased inexpensively at any home improvement store.
- K2 model: Additional equipment strongly recommended. A piece of 1"x2" wood should be placed under the handle to provide additional support (see video below). The video shows the base being used with and without the wooden support, but some users find that the support is necessary.
- K1 model: Additional equipment required. A piece of 2"x4" wood must be placed under the handle to provide adequate support. Otherwise, the stand will not work with this model (see video below).
- KX6 model: Not compatible.
- Includes wooden base, metal plate, and 2 4x13mm screws. Pliers not included.
- Not recommended for use with removal pliers.
- Protective sealant was applied to the wood resulting in a mild chemical smell, which should gradually dissipate over time. Not recommended for those with sensitivities to harsh smells.
- Minor scratching to pliers may occur when mounting to base with the metal plate.